The Daily View contains links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
We can also be reached by phone at 646-436-0701.
1. What personal information do we gather about you?Collection of personal information can be necessary to delivering you the TDV services or to enhance your reader experience.
2. We and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:A) User-generated content.
We offer you opportunities to engage in public activities on the-daily-view.com and other TDV services. "Public activities" are any actions you take on TDV services that are designed to be visible to other users, including comments, recommendations, reader reviews, ratings or any other items that you submit.
If you choose to engage in public activities, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected and used by other users of these services.
We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in the course of your public activities and we have no responsibility to publish, take down, remove or edit any of your public activities or submissions (except as required by applicable laws).
We and our services providers collect personal information from you through voluntary surveys or feedback programs conducted via the TDV, through our services providers’ platforms, by phone, by mail or during in-person interviews or focus groups. We will ask you for your consent to the processing of information at the point of collection. We also conduct similar research for advertisers.
B) From other sources.
Publicly available databases, including privately-held marketing and data analytics resources. For example, we may receive demographic information (age, sex, household income, job industry and job title) from these sources.
3. What do we do with the personal information we collect about you?We collect, use or otherwise process personal information as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:
- The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information;
- The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- The legitimate interests of The Daily View, a third party or yourself. "Legitimate interest" is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. "Legitimate interest" also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact.
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: to ensure that our networks and information are secure; to administer and generally conduct business within The Daily View; and to prevent fraud.
A) Provide TDV services your requests.
We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of TDV services and fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as providing TDV services’ functionality to you, providing you with customer service, responding to your inquiries, requests, questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, sending you administrative information (such as change of our terms, conditions, or policies), and enabling you to participate in polls, promotions, surveys, panels or research, and message boards.
B) Analysis and development of new products and services.
We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of TDV services, and their subscribing and purchasing patterns, so we can analyze or predict our users’ preferences for product and services development purposes, to determine our promotional campaign effectiveness so we can adapt our campaign to the needs and interests of our users, and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base. We use this information for analytical purposes, including analysis to improve customer relationships, to support strategic business decisions and our marketing tactics and to measure and track our brand health. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so. C) Customizing your experience.
We use the information that we have to better understand you and customize certain features of TDV services to provide you with an enhanced experience including to show you offerings, promotions or products that may be of interest to you, based on the demographic information, type of device you are using to access the TDV services, your usage of the TDV services and your reading history. We will provide personalized services because we have a legitimate interest.
D) Email newsletters and other marketing activities as well as facilitating social sharing.
E) Administrative Purposes. We and our service providers use the information we have about you for the following legitimate business purposes:
For auditing purposes, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and comply with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements;
For fraud and security monitoring purposes, including, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks;
To understand and assess satisfaction with our TDV services or our customer care team.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, or because we have a legitimate interest.
F) Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or pther promotions.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotions. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your personal information. We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
G) Aggregating and/or anonymising personal information.
We aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personally identifying. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
H) User generated content and public activities.
4. With whom do we share the personal information we gather?A) Sharing with service providers.
We contract with other companies, agents or contractors (“service providers”) to provide services on our behalf. These services are, for example, credit-card, payment and billing processing, fulfillment of orders, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, ad serving, shipping, email distribution, list processing and analytics, research surveys/interviews/focus group management and analysis, or promotions management. In the course of performing these services, our service providers have access to your information including your personal information.
B) Sharing with other third parties.
We may share personal information, such as name, company and title, about attendees to our live events and conferences with sponsors; if we do, we will notify you when you provide us the information.
We may also share personal information to third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and will let you know at the point of collection of your information if we do.
We share in aggregate results from research surveys or panels with advertisers.
We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors. C) Compliance with legal process.
We may access, preserve and disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of TDV services; (e) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions); and (f) cooperate with public and government authorities which may be outside your country of residence.
D) By using the TDV services, you may elect to disclose personal information.
Public Activities: see above for more details on such activities. Public activities may be included in our RSS feeds, APIs and other distribution formats. As a result, your public activities may appear on other websites, blogs, or feeds.
Through your social activity:
5. Other information collected using technology.Other information does not specifically identify you and are collected through technology. It includes tracking information collected by us as well as third parties.
We use various internet technologies to manage, and track the use of, TDV services. We use and disclose this information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Information that we collect using these technologies is combined with personal information about you. If we combine information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
A) Device information. We collect information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access TDV services, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses (the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the Internet), geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
B) Cookies, Beacons, Local Storage and Other Similar Technologies. We use "cookies," Web beacons, tags and scripts, and other similar technologies including local storage objects such as HTML5. These technologies allow us to manage access to and use of TDV services, recognize you and provide personalization, and help us understand how people use TDV services. You will not be able to access certain areas of our websites, including the-daily-view.com, if your computer does not accept cookies from us. Because there is no accepted standard on how to respond to “do not track” browser-based signals, we do not respond to such signals.
We transmit website usage information to third parties in order to show you advertising for The Daily View when you visit other sites.
C) Analytics, log files and rreading history. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information include IP address , browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of TDV services, including a history of the pages you view.
We automatically combine this collected log-information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, including customized recommendations, advertising and currency display, to improve marketing, and to track access and use of TDV services across the devices that you use to access TDV Services.
One of the analytics service providers we use is Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google use data, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners
For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
D) Location information. Some of our mobile applications can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature of the app, for example, by use of satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. If you enable the location-based feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device, which will then be used by the app. If you elect to have a location-based search saved to your history, we will store that information on our servers. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if an app does not have that feature, the app will not transmit to us, and we will not collect or store, location information. The ads in our apps are not targeted to you based on your current GPS location, but they are targeted to you based on your ZIP code or device's IP address.
6.Third-party advertising.Some of the services and advertisements included in TDV services, including on the-daily-view.com and within our mobile apps, are delivered or served by third-party companies, which may collect information about your use of the TDV services.
These companies place or recognize cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or other technology to track certain information about our TDV services website users. For example, in the course of serving certain advertisements, an advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser in order to collect certain information about your use of TDV services. For another example, an advertiser or ad server may also be able to collect your device’s unique identifier in the course of serving an ad. In many cases, this information could be used to show you ads on other websites based on your interests.
You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps.
Your access to our websites should not be affected if you do not accept cookies served by third parties.
7. How do I opt out from receiving emails?You can choose not to receive commercial email messages in the future by either (1) following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each email, or (2) you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A) Email newsletters. The Daily View offers an email newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive TDV newsletter, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of the newsletter. If you experience difficulty with the “unsubscribe” process, please contact us at email@example.com and provide your email address along with the name of the newsletter from which you would like to unsubscribe.
B) Mail or telephone Promotions. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive mail or telephone solicitations originated by TDV or if you prefer that we do not share this information with third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your account number and phone number in the body of your email and put "Opt -out" in the subject line.
8. Your California privacy rights.Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request by emailing us at email@example.com
Please include your account number and phone number in the body of your email or letter, and put “Opt-out” in the subject line. It is important to note that this opt-out request does not prohibit us from sending you important administrative disclosures for non-marketing purposes. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
9. How do I access, change or update my personal information?If you would like to request to review, correct, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your request, please state what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the TDV services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the TDV services by writing to email@example.com
Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
10. Sensitive personal information.Unless specifically requested (for example, in connection with a particular survey), we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through TDV services or otherwise to us. Any requested information that includes sensitive information about health, political opinions, ethnicity, race, religion, sex life or sexual orientation can be left unanswered.
11. Data retention.We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide TDV services to you (for example, for as long as you continue to use TDV services);
Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (for example, in light of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
12. Is my information protected?We seek to protect personal information with reasonable organizational, technological and physical safeguards commensurate to the sensitivity of the personal information. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To further protect your data, we recommend that you use complex passwords for your accounts with us and for accounts with third parties that you link to any of your accounts with us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting us” section above.
13. Children’s guidelines.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 646-436-0701. Thank you.